Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Recently ,replaced the toner in my brother Hl2135 wireless

Customer Question

recently ,replaced the toner in my brother Hl2135 wireless copier .Since putting it in it continues to tell me that the ink is low and now it is not printing at all ....tells me I need to replace the toner .It is not possible for it to have run out
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: As I said is HL 2135W and not very old ..cant be sure when but NOT old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is my PC and do not know what you mean by operating system
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just yesterday ...prior to that or what I said before has been working
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing is caused due to improper toner reset process, you have to manually reset the toner counter

1. Ensure the printer is turned off.
  2. Open the printer front cover.
  3. Hold the Go button while turning the printer on.
  4. When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.
  5. Press the Go button two (2) times. The Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs will turn on.
  6. Press the Go button six (6) times.
  7. The Error LED should now be flashing, close the front cover.

to get the toner working again. Please follow the steps below and let me know, how it goes for you.