Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer

I have an HP Laserjet P2035 and it doesn't try to use tray 2

Customer Question

I have an HP Laserjet P2035 and it doesn't try to use tray 2 (lower), tray 1 (upper) is fine.
The product code is CE461A and the serial number is ***** I tried disconnecting power and when I check settings for the printer it is set to auto select. If I remove paper from tray 1, there is no sound that it is trying to print. I also reran the printer installation disc with no luck. The computer that the printer is not connected to the internet, so I am using my personal laptop to report this.
Thank you, Don
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Hey Don, I'm Tim and will be assisting you...Can you tell me more about the problem? How long you have had the printer, did tray 2 ever worked?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was purchased in October 2013 and tray worked up until a couple of months ago.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

When you take paper out of tray one, and leave it in tray two, does it make a noise?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Ok. this is pretty cutt and dry, and i hate to deliver bad news....either the paper sensor on tray 2 died, or the motor did. It's nopt worth having fixed.....will cost 60-70% of the printers price, I recommend to keep using it for now with just tray 1, or replace the unit.....

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

If you have more questions, let me know....sorry for the bad news, but that's the truth -=(. If you wan to try more trouble shooting we can, but this is pretty cut and clear..

Ploease take time to rate my service as i do this for a living...

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Don, are you still with me?