John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My brother lazer printer is not communicating with the Adobe

Customer Question

My brother lazer printer is not communicating with the Adobe Acrobat Reader and is not automatically swithching between the letter size tray and Legal size try when I Print PDF files that have multiple size pages. I really need help ASAP this is effecting my business greatly. Thank you very much
Steven Norby (###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When the Adobe Acrobat Reader application is not "communicating" with the printer, what exactly does that mean? For instance, does the reader application not recognize the printer or is the problem with something else?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it prints fine the problem is when printing files with both letter size and legal size pages the printer is not reading the different pages sizes. I have a dual tray. The manufacture said it was a software issue with adobe reader.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Adobe won't supply support for the reader program

When you say that it isn't reading the different page sizes, does that mean when you choose to print to Legal size, it will print as if it is printing to letter size or something along those lines?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is supposed to automatically detect the different page sizes in the document and automatically switch trays. All the settings for this to occur are set but for some reason it does not switch trays. I can do it manually but that takes forever with an aveage document file of 180 pages.

If the document is 1 page or 1,000 pages, the manual fix take about the same time, about 15 seconds. Are you saying that in the document, there are some legal size pages and some letter size pages that you wish to collate within the same document?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there are both letter and legal size pages with in the same document. I print Loan Documents

Which version of Adobe Acrobat Reader do you have installed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
11.0.11.1
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
adobe reader XI

Please, uninstall Adobe Reader XI and reinstall it by download it from the following page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

On the aforementioned page, it will be version 11.0.10

Please, let me know the status of the problem once you do that.

May I ask for an update?