Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

I have a canon mx 492 printer. When I try entering my

Customer Question

I have a canon mx 492 printer. When I try entering my passcode to change my wireless router, it only allows me to type letters and not numbers. How do I shift keys for the keypad?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

At the screen where you enter your passphrase, in the top right corner of the LCD screen you should see a :1 . This indicates that you are in numeric entry mode. If you press the asterisk key (*) it will switch to :A or uppercase letter mode, pressing asterisk again with switch to lowercase letter mode. To enter a letter in either letter mode, you will press the associated number key to cycle through the available letters. For example: To enter a letter "c", you will press the "2" key three times.
Press OK when done.
The LCD screen will say "Connected" if the password ***** *****

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you