TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I have problem with my Epson wp 4530 printer, when I want to

Customer Question

I have problem with my Epson wp 4530 printer, when I want to prit smething I get an error saying: Paper out paper jam.Check printer size and load paper in paper cassette 1.All my settings are correct what's going on?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days. I was printing something and I realised I made a mistake so I cancelled the print job.And went I went to print again wouldn't print. I sent hours of frustration to work it out, all the settings were good right paper size, right quality paper, no old or rough paper, no jammed paper and no good
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: printer lost communication and was able to get it back.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for choosing Just Answer! I'll be the expert assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

I understand that you are getting a paper jam error when there isn't one. We should be able to resolve this. Please just follow the instructions, even if you have already performed the task. If you have any questions in the process, just respond to this answer.

1.) Take the paper out and fan the paper to separate the sheets and reload it against the right side, then adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides in the paper cassette. For best results use about 10 sheets of new paper for troubleshooting.

2.) Unplug the printer for about 10 minutes. This will clear any static in the printer and also reset memory in the boards.

3.) Plug it back in. Try to print. If you are still having the issue, take the cassette out, get some canned air and spray. If you are able to pick up the printer, you may want to unplug it, hold it upside down and shake it out - this will get any foreign objects out of the printer that you can't see.

4.) Replace the cassette with paper, and try again to print.

5.) One more thing you could try is pushing your ink cartridge manually all the way to the right, unplugging the printer immediately, waiting 1 minute, then plugging it back in.

6.) CLICK HERE TO VIEW INSTRUCTIONS FROM EPSON as well.

If you have found this information helpful, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for answering your question today!

Have a good day!

Jennie

Were you able to resolve this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no didn't work. Communication error came on saying can't connect. Everything is plugged and and usb cable is securely in. I don't know what's going on here.Very frustrating

A communication error is usually an issue with the power going to and from the printer. Usually unplugging it for a while and plugging it back in will resolve that if there isn't a more deep seated issue with the printer.

BUT - I know you have already tried a million things. So here is what I am going to do. I am going to opt out and allow another expert to look at this. A second brain never hurts and this will be at no extra cost to you. The next expert may have an idea that I didn't think of and we all work together to make sure that our customers are taken care of.

If you would stand by for just a few moments, someone should pick this question up!

Thank you for allowing me to answer!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.

Turn both the computer and the printer off

Then turn on only the printer and see if it will do a copy from the adf

Let me know if that gives you an error and we can go from there if it does

If it does not turn on the computer and try printing a simple new test page from the computer and let me know if that works and what error you get if it does not

Please be specific about what error you get and whether it was while making the copy or the print from computer and whether the error was on the computer screen or the printer screen

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no good, after following all your instructions still have communication error and still get paper jams when I try to print or copy something. I am at a total loss, I need a technician that is online and that can property go through the whole process step by step, otherwise I can't see this getting fixed anytime soon.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
communication error seems to have gone, but when I print something it starts to act like its going to print, but it doesn't and the paper gets jammed with no print on it. This is becoming a very frustrating to the point where my blood is beginning to boil, and that is not a good thing. Please recommend something that will work, otherwise I might have to buy a new printer.
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi Anthony. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble with this.

Let's try the easiest fix for the most common cause of this type of problem. Let's try some new good quality paper preferably from an unopened package, or at least from a package that been stored in a dry, not humid area, that has been kept flat, straight, and dustfree. Paper that is damp or too thin or curled around the edges, can cause problems. If you continue to experience paper jams even after loading brand new printer weight paper, please read on for further suggestions.

I've had a similar problem on a different model in the past. When i removed a piece of paper that had jammed a tiny piece tore off and remained in the printer. The trick that worked for me was feeding a heavy piece of cardstock through the document feeder. I gently "helped" it to start feeding, and it pushed the little piece of paper all the way through, clearing the jam. Even if it doesn't push yours all the way through, it may push it just far enough to allow you to see it and perhaps to grab it with tweezers. You can also try moving it with a toothpick.

If that doesn't work, please try this to fix the problem. Unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper.

Use a compressed air can to blow any paper out.

Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well. Wait until they are completely dry after having been cleaned, then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Please try these troubleshooting steps and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.