Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Error code 0+97

Customer Question

error code 0+97
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Error 0x97 is considered to be fatal by printer and it indicates there in issue with print head or logic/main board (not a software related issue). If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right ( or right to left) during startup, this will cause the error code. This also happens if the logic board or main board of printer is failing. Paper jam, foreign objects on the printers like paper clips etc which disrupts the movement of head or carriage can also cause this.

90% of the times, 0x97 indicates an hardware issue. To make sure this is not firmware or software related, please try the following.

Turn off the printer for 20 minutes and also disconnect it from power.

If the error is not going away after turning it off for 20 minutes, then try the following.

1. Open the cover and remove all the ink cartridges and also remove the print head (if removable). Then look for paper pieces or other foreign pieces like paperclips, dust, paper jams etc. Even a small piece of paper stuck on the roller or carriage can cause this. So use a flash light and look carefully.

2. If Step 1 doesn't work, then turn off the printer and unplug the power cable. Then clean the print head thoroughly with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab. Dry it with a clean and soft paper. Then dry it for 30 minutes.

3. Also clean the print head-to-printer connectors (anything metal-looking) with rubbing alcohol and q-tips. Dry it for 30 minutes.

4. Turn on the printer, put the print head back in the printer and insert the cartridges back.

After that turn off the printer for 5 minutes and also unplug it. This will reset the firmware which rule out software issues if any.

If it still not working, then I'm sorry you have to send it back to Epson for replacement of main board or head and components. I'm really sorry, this is something that we can't fix online if the above steps doesn't work for you.

I know you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you possible solutions. If you are not satisfied, please don't rate me bad or poor or anything.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please ask.