Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Just had the same problem I read about in the forum error

Customer Question

HI...just had the same problem I read about in the forum error code 0x9a on an Epson Workforce 7620
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 1 yr. It s workfore wf-7620
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It was on standbye after a print job with 2 pages that was done yesterday night. Suddenly this error appeared in the display. Printing from latest OSX 10.10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was just sitting on standbye for a few hours. When I next came into my office I noticed the error message, asking me to turn off the device. I did so, power-cycled, even unplugged the cable but to no avail...
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Printer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I unplugged now (I had it unplugged before but only for 1-2 minutes. I will wait 10 as you suggested now.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you

Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I waited for 10 minutes and then re-plugged and turned on the printer. no change - immediately the error message appears. The print head does not make any movements. Only the display lights up and immeditaly comes up with the error message after the Epson logo has disappeared.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to leave the office at this point but await your next suggestion and will get back to this once I am back.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, with it powered on, use your hand to nudge out the print head towards the middle and tell me if this gets it unstuck and moving please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately I cannot move it at all. It is parked all the way to the right and I cannot pull the print head and cartridge housing to the left despite some pulling and "nudging". Is there may be a switch or some other component that may hold it in place? Any chance for a manual release?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

No, its jammed and this is the issue, It is the internal drive motor that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh my...I just had a very reasonable amount of printing done on this unit. It's a really big piece and hauling it back is just a pain...oh well.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry about this, but I can only confirm the issue with this and what needs to be done to resolve this

If you need anything else, please let me know, and please remember the service rating via the stars at the top then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Richard...don't take me wrong but this has not helped me at all. When I checked with the repair service I was told that this error message is well known and that there is nothing a user can do to fix other than sending in the printer. Now the flat rate for this repair is $300 which renders this useless compared with the price of a new printer (same model) which is around $200 now.However, I have said right rom the start that I am receiving this error message and instead of telling me that there is no help I get pulled in, charged $23 only to be told afterwards there is no fix possible. Quite frankly, I want my money back!