John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Epson SC P600 problem printing from Photoshop. Prints from

Customer Question

Epson SC P600 problem printing from Photoshop. Prints from Internet and self test.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the problem with printing from Photoshop please?

I would suspect that it involves color balance. Please tell me the details, though... thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing to do with color balance. Test is fine. Photoshop file will not print!!! Says "program error". Had same problems before and solved by Shift print or something like that do not remember.Printer is ready WF connected w excellent signal.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there additional cost for secure connect?

Yes.

In this case, I will propose it the instant I think it is needed and useful, thanks.

How are you trying to print, that results in a Program Error, please?

And what sort of file, what file type, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not connect!! Trying to print a Normal Photograph. Printer works when I print email or file from internet. Photoshop is not talking to the printer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have Done this type of Printing on a regular basis..
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just tried to print email and it printed "out of registration" like double printed, but not at same place.

I will not connect...

I see. You didn't print the email from Photoshop, I presume. From what program did you print it?

Was there a numeric code accompanying the 'Program Error'? if so, please note it and let me know what it is. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Email printed from Windows 7 64 bit I assume. No number code on Photoshop "program error"

Just a Program Error, generic.

From what Windows 7 program did you print the email, please? Windows Live Email?

But in any case, I recommend trying a procedure which I am preparing instructions for now, and will post shortly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Email printed from G mail. Not sure. Yes generic Program when I try printing in Photoshop.

First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer.

Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in Devices And Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting. (In this case, if there are any scanners shown, or any Epson devices, select and then delete those, also.)

Then go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs And Features, and use Uninstall (or Change) to get rid of all Epson programs specific to your printer.

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=256067&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-64

and download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package, and follow the download process, getting the driver onto your disk, and completing the download and then starting the driver installation program and following through the process.

- If, after doing this, you still have a problem, please Reply back to me with an account of where in the process it failed to work, and what error indication or message you get. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still did not fix problem. I will call Epson tomorrow.
I have waisted a lot of time. NOT HAPPY

I regret hearing that. But you made the best effort you could make on your own with my advice, I think.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You told me to do things I had already done.
Total waist of my time and Money.
Would never recommend this service to anyone.
Good By Forever