John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We are having trouble printing ticket bar codes associated

Customer Question

We are having trouble printing ticket bar codes associated with pdfs using our canon pixma mx922...generally this problem occurs with anything associated with a download while using Chrome...but also occurs when we download and open with adobe acrobat reader
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It just started a couple of weeks ago and we did try some basic maintenance on cleaning ink jet heads which didn't help. I would guess two years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I think only about 1 month. And the ink was low when it started, but again, when I ran maintenance on the ink and printed the test pattern, all was OK
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that, if the nozzle check or test page prints A-OK for all colors, that you basically have a problem with printing from Adobe Acrobat Reader. Its printing controls, last I noticed, were poor compared to those of other PDF Reader applications.

I can recommend that you use FoxIt for Windows instead. Its printing controls are good, and thorough, and I have used it for years with good results.

It may be downloaded and tried, for free, from this page:

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/

Please Reply To Expert once you have tried that alternative PDF Reader, and let me know - if it doesn't cure th eproblem, ther will be other advice to try.