Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I purchase 2) MF624Cw printers this week and installation

Customer Question

I purchase 2) MF624Cw printers this week and installation went well on one but can not get the 2nd unit to connect wireless. please help
if you wish I can be reached at(###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what exactly happens when you try to connect the non working unit to your network?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an HP Win 8
When trying to find access point auto it fails, try manual and it fails.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

That sounds like either a firmware issue, or a bad wireless card in the printer. Lets try to repair the issue with a firmware update.

First, connect the printer to your computer via a usb cord for a reliable firmware update.

Then, go to this page https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/mf624cw?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

On the downloads tab, click firmware.. And then download the firmware updater for windows.

Then, open and run the firmware updater after you download it.. This should connect to the printer, and then flash its internal firmware. Once that is fully complete.. Turn the printer off, then back on.

And then try to connect to the wireless network again.. let me know if you get stuck, or whether or not this works, thank you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
went through the process it was showing that it was trying to connect after couple of min said could not find access point.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

So the firmware did update?

Question.. Did you try both the automatic and manual wireless setup after the update?

And did we turn the machine off, unplug it, plug it back in and turn it back on after the firmware update?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Went through it auto and manual 2 times nothing.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Can we try an ethernet cord, in order to confirm whether its just the wireless card thats failing, or if its the machine that cant connect to the network period, regardless of the connection method?

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you. Did you still need help with this issue?

If all went well please make sure to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I assisted you.

Otherwise, please respond so we can work through this issue, or close the question if you no longer need help.

Dustin S.