Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

We have a dcp 1610w and have had recently broadband fibre

Customer Question

Hi there, we have a dcp 1610w and have had recently broadband fibre installed which came with a spark lsx44e-5g modem. the problem is that i can't get the printer to log into the wifi.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: DCP1610w Purchased it about 8 months ago. we had no issues with the previous modem
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac Book pro OSx
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: only since the change over to broadband fibre
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, have you tried following these steps to reconnect the machine to your new wireless network using the connection tool?

1. Turn off your Brother machine. Wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
    Wait at least three minutes for the machine to join the network.
    If the issue continues, go to STEP 2.
  2. Use the Network Connection Repair Tool to fix the Brother machine's network settings. It will assign the correct IP address and the Subnet Mask.
    > Click here to see how to use the Network Connection Repair Tool.
    If the issue continues, go to STEP 3.
  3. Check your machine's wireless status by printing the WLAN report.
    > Click here to check the wireless status on the WLAN report.

If step 2 doesnt fix the issue.. Let me know what it says in the wlan report for Gateway, ip address and dns server..

Thank you,

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 29 days ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you after you read my response? Did you still need help with this issue, if so please respond. Otherwise please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, and to close out the question.

Dustin S