John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Error message Turn the power off and on again, WF-2650, PC,

Customer Question

Error message Turn the power off and on again
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: WF-2650
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: printed and next day was not able to print.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that your printer is not working. I hope I can help the situation.
How old is the printer, please?

When you turn the printer On, do you hear anything going on in the printer, before it goes still and/or stops ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bought printer 12/2015. Printed night before

Thanks for the response.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not now

Then with the printer Off, open up the top and look into the interior where the ink cartridges go... is there anything blocking the works there, or anything loose, like a broken-off part of the printre?

After that (I doubt you'll find anything), unplug the printer from the power, after turning it On again and waiting a minute or so. Unplug it from anything else it might be attached to: ***** ***** or phone line etc., and then leave it that way for at least 1 hour (to cool off and rest/reset.)

Let me know if, after that time, anything more happens inside the printer when you plug it in again to the power, only, and turn it On - any internal noise, any difference in the error message, etc.?