John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I use occasionally the iP90v. light blinking 8

Customer Question

I use occasionally the iP90v. ***** *****ght blinking 8 times..."built in waste ink absorber"
What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That means that some little sponge-pads, in the bottom of the case, have been calculated to have absorbed enough ink, that they need changing.

(Or... but hopefully not... the inking system has a more severe problem which has triggered this message. But I doubt that, it's fairly unlikely.)

As for what to do, that depends upon how much you value the printer, and how much of either labor (yourself), or money (paid to someone else) you are willing to invest in it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what exactly needs to be done?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Either

A: if you want to work on it yourself, you will

- procure new waste ink abosorber pads, for this printer, and

- disassemble the printer extensively (in many models) to access and remove the old waste ink pads

- put in the new pads you got

- close up everything

- and probably have to reset the message with a special procedure too.

or

B: hire someone else to do all that, for a price (if the printer is older than 1 year, and it probably is.)

or

C: recycle the printer and get another.

Which approach would you prefer, please?