John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just had a recovery done to try and speed up my hp

Customer Question

Hi. I just had a recovery done to try and speed up my hp pavilion notebook. I am working on getting my email back in order. My hp photosmart 6515 is hooked up to a USB cable. The printer prints but to a computer in another part of the house. Doesn't print anything in the room it sits in. Makes a bunch of clicks and clacks but I wind up with a blank sheet of paper.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'll guess six . Model No. 15-n228us
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A HP Pavillion Notebook. OS not sure.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was getting print off another in-house printer, then I tried to just copy things. Copied several documents then the colors started fading then a blank piece of paper. I cleaned the heads and alighned the heads. No luck.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did reboot the two units while trying to fix the problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and Will be assisting you....Are you having printing issues, or email issues?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
both
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
don't really want someone getting into my stuff. what next ?
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

What do you mean someone getting into your stuff?

Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

ANd what are the two issues, sounds like the printer software needs to be reinstalled and added to the wiped HP, no idea about your email.