John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother hl 2270 won't stop printing. Al print jobs

Customer Question

Brother hl 2270 won't stop printing. Al print jobs cancelled. It keeps printing. How do I stop this horror?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hl 2270dw about 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Both depending on the job and source
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last night I had no print jobs at all or lined up to print - for 10 hours the printer was inactive. I come in this morning and there's a ream of paper on the floor and all that's printed is asci symbols
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do you use the Brother HL-series printer as a fax, at any time, esp. for receiving faxes at any time?

Take the printer offline for now, by removing all paper from it, to shut down the paper-wasting of unnecessary printing while we figure out what is wrong, I advise.