Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

It has an error code 6000 after a paper jam, told me to

Customer Question

It has an error code 6000 after a paper jam, told me to cancel printing and turn off, but Keep getting the same message
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Mx922 Cannon Pixma
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: windows 10 home
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had a paper jam, and cleared it then this message came
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I used the printer yesterday. It had been jammed over night, but paper was removed today and them that error code kept popping up
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I unplugged the printer power cord.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks,

Now wait 10 minutes, connect it and tell me please if it is now functioning correctly.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It did the same thing. I'm going to contact cannon bcas it's still under warranty . Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks

It will be the paper sensor being triggered, this will be faulty

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will, thanks for your help/
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

your most welcome