John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer needs to be uninstalled then reinstalled, set up

Customer Question

my printer needs to be uninstalled then reinstalled, set up and a test message sent. It will not communicate with my computer. Dell tech tried.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: inspron. pc. Maybe 6 yrs.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. I am not computer literate, define an OS. Like Windows 7?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The computer crashed. Dell has restored all but printer link.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my printer is a canon multitask MG3220.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the exact error message you get when you try to print something from your printer?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
why is my payment not accepted?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can I talk with a live person this is irritating
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Your credit card company will be rejecting them, contact them and have them allow the payment please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello?
should I turn on printer?
if cc is rejecting then I am not calling. this is too confusing. I want to talk with someone
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I need to know please, What is the exact error message you get when you try to print something from your printer?