John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Canon MB2300 series printer. In scanning docs, the

Customer Question

I have a Canon MB2300 series printer. In scanning docs, the scan is so fuzzy as to be almost unreadable (i.e. the result is out of focus). can this be dealt with by some setting or is the machine faulty and thus needs some service intervention?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not physically in the same location as the device right now but I have clearly tried rebooting it duh
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, but I am not asking you to reboot it, you need to have a sustainable amount of time with no power to clear the circuits.

Did you actually do this? Nothing you tried as been specified by you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I am not sure if I left it off power for 10 mins. The printer is at home and I am at work. I am not in a position to connect to the device from here. Looks like I should have done this from home.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It would have been best Dirk, but let me know when you have done the instructions please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cool thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

your welcome