Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.

HP 700 series desktop cannot communicate with wireless HP

Customer Question

HP 700 series desktop cannot communicate with wireless HP printer. Spooler service not running. cannot turn spooler on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

The way you would troubleshoot this type of issue, is really not to. Rather, Uninstalling the HP Printer drivers, any related software or programs (not image editing, just printer associated) and then make sure Windows is up to date, and your hardware is fully up to date.

Then, REinstall the HP drivers, software and programs.

ON the printer would perform a FACTORY reset.

Which simply resets the printer settings back to when it was still new in the box, called default.

YOu may NOT have to do the printer reset.....but the spooler issue can definitely be challenging to really pin down. So we dont focus on it, we focus on the fix. WHY and HOW we can look at in time.

IS this a residential type of setup? YOu know its just a home computer with a printer?

Is this a business setup? Many computers, with servers, and Printers around.

IM just trying to get a feel for what all you are having connected to the network.

Also, what is your computer running? Windows 7? Windows 8? Windows 10? Mac OSX? Linux?

Your an important piece of this puzzle too.

I would really only use wifi for printing if there was no way of connecting the printer to a computer hard wire......its just so finicky that the consumer products promised to work, just dont do a very good job. SO unless you are using expensive enterprise grade hardware (wifi, router, switch, etc etc) it can just be a pain.

So thats why im asking for this information.

If you like, we can do a remote and connect up together, and I can do the majority of the tasks for you.

Or you can give it a go, and ask me any questions that get you stumped along the way.

Tom.....are you in need of any help?

Are you still with me here?