John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My LaserJet M2727nf used to work as a printer and scanner,

Customer Question

My LaserJet M2727nf used to work as a printer and scanner, but since Windows 10 it won't scan. It says "Setup needed on PC", but the PC Device manager says everything is fine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 5 years old and is a HP LaserJet M2727 nf
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC which for forcibly updated from Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only noticed it today and the last thing I scanned was a year ago, because it was still sitting on the scanner.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer part and the copier part work fine. It's just the scanner function. Although the PC recognises the scanner as connected and everything being fine.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please