John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Error 5 C 20 on my Cannon MP 620B printer!...lots of

Customer Question

error 5 C 20 on my Cannon MP 620B printer!...lots of noise...have turned the printer on and off...still comes up with this error.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 4-5 years old...CANNON MP 620B
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC...don't know the operating system...printing has worked from this printer for over 2 years but printer, lately, has been making some lousy noises.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: for the first time it made the lousy noises and stopped...for the last month, it made the lousy noises before beginning printing and then still performed.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no...sounds to me as if it is time for a new printer!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please