Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions

Is there an alternate power button for my printer besides

Customer Question

Hi! Is there an alternate power button for my printer besides the one on the front touch screen? It will not power on. Checked cord, outlet, etc.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Probably 2 years. MFC-J6920DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's not online - just using as copier - that's another issue, never could figure out how to hook to computer. But right now my husband is threatening to use the copier for target practice - he just needs the copier function tonight.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing that I know of. We do not use it but about once or twice a week. Last time we used it it was fine.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for choosing Just Answer! I'll be the expert assisting you this evening. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

I'm seeing that you are having issues with your printer not powering on. Here is what you can try. Unplug the machine. Leave it unplugged for 15 minutes or longer. This will clear any static in the printer and it will also reset the circuits inside.

Then plug it back in, DIRECTLY TO THE WALL. See if it will power on.

If it doesn't power on, check the cord for any frayed skin or exposed wires. If there are any, then there's your problem. If there aren't, and it won't turn on, you are probably going to have the thing serviced.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please rate it with 5-stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today. I hope you have a wonderful evening.