Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 will not send faxes, I repeatedly

Customer Question

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 will not send faxes, I repeatedly get the message "Error 358*. The recipient's machine is on and working, however my machine RECEIVES faxes normally. Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That may be owing to call waiting service. It's commonly that way, anyhow.

I would advise either disabling call waiting on the line, or inserting number codes that will do the same, into the dialed number for the sent fax, such as an initial

* 7 0

and a pause before the number..

Let me know if that cannot be the solution, or might not be the solution, or if you need further solutions that I can suggest.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.