Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

WF-7610 error code OxF1? What do I Do?

Customer Question

WF-7610 error code OxF1? What do I Do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry about the issue. Error 0xF1 is indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right or right to left side during startup or operation. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flashlight to check inside the printer and look thoroughly.

Also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer, open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break.

This is a mechanical problem not software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect. If the printer is under warranty, then you can send it back to Epson and they will replace the parts or machine with new one.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. Please don't rate me bad or poor if you are not satisfied.