John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Epson Printer XP-820 has been working fine with my iMac

Customer Question

My Epson Printer XP-820 has been working fine with my iMac until now. I've tried everything to connect the printer, even Apple Core Support could not help. I follow all the steps, enter password ***** etc. but when the machine fails to connect the message is Failed....please load paper in Cassette 2. This have done repeatedly with the same kind of all-in-one letter sized paper I always use but I can't get past this Failed message? Can you help?
Thanks, ***** ***** Spencer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I will try to help. But I am missing something. Your printer "has been working fine." Then you say you've "tried everything to connect the printer." This makes it sound like it HASN'T been working. Could you be kind enough to clarify? Thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well, it hasn't been connected to my network and iMac for about the last three days.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well.....it hasn't been connecting to my network and iMac for about the last three days.

Have you made any changes to the networking settings EVEN THE LEAST?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No.

O.K. I really can't say at this point in the absence of more detailed diagnostic information. I'm going to step back and let another Mac enthusiast take a look. Good luck!

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

This isnt a network issue.. It could be one of several issues. The easiest and most effective way in which I can help you fix this issue is via a screen sharing session. If I am unsuccessful, you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. It should be a simple printer fix. We are unsatisfied and request a full refund including the deposit.
David B. Spencer
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

As you requested, I am including the refund link below. You are welcome to seek help eslewhere and comparison shop.

No other reputable company will offer you a a fix it or refund guarantee. So if you change your mind and decide you want help fixing the issue, let me know. I can say that this isnt a simple printer fix like turning the machine off and on or pressing a few buttons. After all, if it was a SIMPLE fix as you mentioned then Apple support would have fixed it for you already, wouldnt they?

Here is the refund link http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.