Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I JUST CHANGED THE TONER YESTERDAY AND TODAY IT'S TELLING ME

Customer Question

i JUST CHANGED THE TONER YESTERDAY AND TODAY IT'S TELLING ME TO CHANGE THE TONER AGAIN! I'VE TAKEN IT OUT SEVERAL TIMES AND PUT IT BACK BUT IT STILL SAYS TO CHANGE THE TONER!
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: MFC-7860DW. NOT SURE HOW OLD IT IS. IT WAS HERE WHEN I CAME TO WORK AT A WATER UTILITY OFFICE.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: WINDOWS 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I'VE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE. I WAS PRINTING A REPORT WHEN THIS HAPPENED. SOMETHING ELSE THOUGH IT TOLD ME SEVERAL MONTHS AGO TO CHANGE THE DRUM WHICH I DID BUT TO THIS DAY IT IS STILL TELLING ME TO CHANGE THE DRUM. IT HAS BEEN WORKING FINE THOUGH UP UNTIL THIS LAST CHANGING OF THE TONER.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I GUESS NOT.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please review the article below, many people have had success with this method and we will go from there:

http://www.grishbi.com/2014/02/brother-printer-replace-toner-cartridge-message-reset-brother-toner-cartridge/

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin