John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Officejet 6600. Yesterday, in would not print.

Customer Question

I have an HP Officejet 6600. Yesterday, in would not print. The message read: Printer failure. There is a problem with the printer or ink system.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About five years old. The label on the printer only has HP Officejet 6600.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a Samsung PC. I think the operating system is DOS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Noted the problem three days ago. I printed a document without any trouble. I then got a message to replace the black ink cartridge, which I did. After that, it wouldn't print. I removed and reinstalled all the cartridges, turned the printer "off, the on again", and reset the product by turning off the printer and unplugging the power cord. I then plugged the power cord back in and turned on the printer. The same error message appeared.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Never had this problem before.
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/