Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I just got a new computer and am wanting to set up my new

Customer Question

I just got a new computer and am wanting to set up my new computer to my printer but I don't know how to.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson XP-410
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: and we got it 2 years ago i believe
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Mac
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nOPE
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Connect the printer to your Mac with the USB or if it is already on wireless, then no need to connect with USB cable. Then go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.

Click the + button in the left bottom of that window and this will recognize your printer. Add it there.

If that didn't work, then download and install the latest Epson software and driver for your Mac from here --> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=224802&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

(Download Drivers and Utilities Combo Package)

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im trying to set up in wifi on the printer and it says run the software on the computer before continuing.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Then yo you can follow the second part of my answer. Download and install the latest Epson software and driver for your Mac from here --> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=224802&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

Open the downloaded file from Downloads folder and follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer. It will install necessary software and also give you step by step to install the printer

Note : If you printer was working on wireless on old computer, then go to Apple > System Preference > Printers and Scanners. Click + button and it will recognize the printer. Then add it

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?