Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

When I try to print from my PC, I get the message "printer

Customer Question

when I try to print from my PC, I get the message "printer is in an error state". I have used this same PC with the Canon MX922 for over a year with no problems. It will print from my MacBook. I am on a wireless system
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no. printer is not yet two years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Aspire/R7 Windows Office Home an Business 2013. Mac is OS 10.9.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: over three months. I have simply been using my Mac to print but too cumbersome. Cant remember anything unusual that may have happened
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enter

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Stop.

Then press Windows and R to bring run again and type the following command press enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Click Continue if asked. Delete all files from the resulting window (from the resulting Printers folder)

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Start. Try to print now.

If that didn't work, then press Windows and R keys, type control printers and press enter. Then right click on your printer and click Remove Device. This will remove it. Then click Add Printer and add it back.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.