TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I have just returned from printing an envelope on my Epson

Customer Question

I have just returned from printing an envelope on my Epson WF-3620 and trying to make a copy.. My printer says The paper source setting is invalid. How do I correct?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Several years old, maybe 3. Is Model No. on printer?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC on Windows 8.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just printing an envelope a few minutes ago.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Paper Source means the paper tray, or where the paper is to be fed from on the printer.

How is it currently set? If set to Auto, that might introduce problems.

Let me know please, and I will advise you further in detail. Thanks.

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hi Patricia. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help.

This message is displayed when an unsupported paper size or paper type is selected for the paper source. See the table below for the supported paper sizes and paper types.To make a copy:

1. Place your original document or photo on the top, left corner of the scanner glass.
  2. Press the home button, press the down arrow to selectSetup and press the OK button.
  3. Press the down arrow to select Paper Setup, press the OKbutton.
  4. Press the right arrow to select Paper Size, and do one of the following:
    • If you're copying letter size paper select Letter, and press the OK button.
    • If you're copying a photo, select a size from the available paper sizes and press the OK button. The table shows compatible paper sizes and paper types.
  5. Press the down arrow to select Paper Type, and do one of the following:
    • If you're copying letter size paper, select Plain Paper, and press the OK button.
    • If you're copying a photo, select a size from the available paper types listed above, and press the OKbutton.
  6. Press the home button, press the up arrow to select Copy, and press the OK button.
  7. Press OK to adjust the Copy settings.

Note: The LCD displays the current Copy settings.

8. Under Settings, make sure the following is selected:
    • If you're copying letter size paper:
      • Layout is set to With Border.
      • Document Size is set to Letter.
      • 2-Sided is set to Off.
    • If you're copying a photo:
      • Layout is set to Borderless or With Border.
      • Document Size is set to a paper size from the above table.
      • 2-Sided is set to Off.
  9. Press back button.
  10. Press one of the Start buttons to make a copy in Black & White or Color.

Please give this a try while I research the correct settings for printing envelopes.

If you are only printing a single envelope, it is best to use the rear feed slot.

Please do the following:

1. Send your print job before loading paper into the rear feed slot.
  2. Extend the output tray and open the paper stopper.

3. Open the rear paper feed slot and push it back.

4. Load one envelope short edge first, with the flap facing down and the flap edge to the right. Insert the paper or envelope into the slot until the printer feeds it automatically.

Always follow these paper loading guidelines:

• Load only one sheet or one envelope at a time.
  • Load paper short edge first, no matter which way your document faces.
  • Load the printable side faceup.
  • Load letterhead or pre-printed paper top edge first.
  • Check the paper package for any additional loading instructions.

If you're going to print several envelopes, you'd need to load them into the cassette. You can print on plain paper envelopes in this size: No. 10 (4.1 × 9.5 inches [105 × 241 mm]). If your product has two paper cassettes, you can load No. 10 size envelopes in Cassette 1 only.

1. Close the paper stopper and output tray, if necessary.
  2. Pull out the paper cassette.
  3. Slide the edge guides outward.
  4. Load envelopes printable side down and flap edge right as shown.
  5. Slide the edge guides against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
  6. Note: Make sure the envelopes are loaded against the edge guide and not sticking out from the end of the cassette.
  7. Caution:
    To prevent paper feeding problems, make sure you do not load too many envelopes in the cassette.

8. Gently insert the paper cassette.

Note: The envelopes may slide forward slightly as you insert the cassette. This is normal.

9. When prompted by the product's LCD screen, select Envelope #10 for the Paper Size and Envelope for the Paper Type, and select OK.
  10. Extend the output tray and open the paper stopper.

Always follow these envelope loading guidelines:
    • If you have trouble loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
    • If print quality declines when printing multiple envelopes, try loading one envelope at a time.
    • Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

For your convenience, I am providing a link to the user manual for your printer. This manual is in pdf format and can be saved to your computer for later viewing or printed out (just keep in mind that it is 347 pages). Hopefully you will find it to be useful.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368.pdf​​

.