John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a printer that takes TN660 toner cartridges. I

Customer Question

I have a printer that takes TN660 toner cartridges. I purchased some a while ago to have some ready and when I needed them, they didn't fit. So I just ordered some new cartridges and the same thing has happened. The box is marked TN660. What is my problem?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: HL-L234400 and the cartridges are TN660 as I just said.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 10 but that doesn't affect the fact that the cartridge is too small for the printer.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Are you a real person? I just said I had had some cartiridges already to use when the ink on my old one ran out. They didn't fit so I thought I had made a mistake. So I just brought some new ones. They arrived yesterday. They are ALSO too small and they don't fit properly in the place where the toner goes. They are marked TN660 and that is the toner the printer calls for.
JA: I'm an assistant to the Printer Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Good, thanks, ***** ***** am I having a problem?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

I do not see any printer model of HL-L234400

Can you double check this please?