John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My printer is giving me the following error - "HP Photo

Customer Question

my printer is giving me the following error - "HP Photo Smart C4700 Series is in error state". Thanks for your assistance, Chris Graves
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model C4780 about 5 years old. It was working fine but went away for the weekend with my laptop and not it does not print
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: windows 10 - pc not a mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just started today - like I said it worked fine before we left for a long weekend
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it a desktop or laptop?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB printer cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,