Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My HP8500A Pro keeps saying there is a paper jam when I use

Customer Question

My HP8500A Pro keeps saying there is a paper jam when I use the feeder or the scanner. I hit ok and it spits out a sheet before it copies and prints. If I request a scan or print from my PC it does the task without a problem. I can't find any evidence of a jam or anything in the rollers. What am I missing?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and check if there is any paper jammed inside the printer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8500A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---A910/4083864/document/c02142414/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've completed all the steps and blew the areas clear with compressed air and I am still getting the same message. I am wondering if it is some type of sensor or trigger that is giving me this response. I never get this message if I ask to print from my pc. only when I manually feed the document
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Please check the ADF sensor. Get instructions from the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8500A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---A910/4083864/document/c02020613/

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thank you!! a remote access isn't going to give you any symptoms. remotely it works fine. it's only during manual feed
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8500A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---A910/4083864/document/c02020613/

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That was helpful but it didn't fix the problem. Im going to buy a new printer, this is rediculous
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. The issue might be with the ADF sensor. I would suggest you check with a printer repair shop in order to get it repaired.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

S H E F I N