Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I own an hp 8100 & just updated to windows 10. now I get a

Customer Question

I own an hp 8100 & just updated to windows 10 . now I get a message tha my printer isn't compatible
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: office jet pro about 5 yrs
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it just started after the upgreade
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please right click on the Start button and select Control Panel. In Control Panel, select View Devices and Printers, listed under Hardware and Sound. Right click on the printer name and select Remove Device/Delete. Remove all the printers that you are not using.

Then, go to the link below, download and install the driver (HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter series - N811 Full Feature Software and Driver).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-8100-ePrinter-series---N8/4322917/model/4323213

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It didn't install. It just said that the installation ended prematurely.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Can i access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N