Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

Canon MX892 all-in-one has error message B200. Copy blue

Customer Question

Canon MX892 all-in-one has error message B200. Copy blue light is blinking. I have thoroughly cleaned the ink jets and the associated assembly as per Cannon directions. Thus far nothing works to reboot my machine. Do I need a new printer. - Barry
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: This the first time. I think my cannon is at least 5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a pc. I am not sure of the operating system. I have windows 10 on my pc desktop
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Issue for at least 2 weeks. Nothing in particular happened before error message popped up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. If I have to purchase a new machine. What cannon model would they suggest. This is my 3rd cannon and the usage is for a home/business (Architect) with heavy usage on scanning and coping building images.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have performed this task 3 times. The copy button is still blue color and "blinking". the fax, scan and photo no lights on buttons.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** mean before you got here correct? As you need to leave it unpluged for 10 minutes

If you did then, can you do the following please

Turn off the printer
Open the cover
Turn on the printer
Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
Leave the Printer turned on.

Tell me if it clears it please.