Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

MY HP 8100S DESIGN JET GOES THROUGH THE PROCESS AND IT SAYS

Customer Question

MY HP 8100S DESIGN JET GOES THROUGH THE PROCESS AND IT SAYS READY TO PRINT AND YOU HIT PRINT AND IT SAYS PRINTER ERROR CHECK CL CARTRIDGE AND WE CHECK IT AND RESET IT AND IT DOES THIS OVER AND OVER
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I AM NOT IN FRONT OF MACHINE I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR HOURS OF OPERATION ARE BUT I WONT BE IN FRONT OF IT TIL 630
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Understood. Question, have you tried cleaning the copper contact on the CL cartridge, or replacing the CL cartridge outright?

Also, as far as time zones I am on eastern time, its currently noon, and I will be online till around 9 pm.

Get back to me when you can,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh that would work great and yes we changed the contact and the cartridge
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Understood.. When you are around the machine, its worth a shot upgrading the firmware.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1153474&swItemId=pl_60161_2&swEnvOid=228

Its probably best if we go into the specifics when you are near the machine.

Dustin S