John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have an issue using my Epson Artisan 1430 with Cricut

Customer Question

I have an issue using my Epson Artisan 1430 with Cricut Design Space software and its print then cut feature. The image I am trying to print ALWAYS prints about 1/4 size in the middle of my 8.5 x 11 page. I have adjusted settings on both the printer side and have recalibrate the cutting machine and updated software to no avail. I am using Safari 9.03 and OS X El Capitan 10.11.3
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

The Circuit Design Space software should have a Page Setup option that lets you scale the output image to take up the maximum area on the page, as well as position it (top, center, etc.).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does not have that. Its an app on the web.

Are you aware that the maximum image size that Cricut Design Space can print through the Safari interface is 6.5 inches by 8 inches? If you are unable to resize via the menus, how about the following:

1. Print out the image in whatever size

2. Cut the paper with a scissors so that the image is as far to the upper left (the "northwest") corner of the page as possible.

3. Scan the image

4. Use any graphic software that you have handy (Paint, PaintShopPro, PhotoShop) to scale the image up by whatever factor you desire.

5. Print the scaled-up image.

6. Use the magnified image so produced to drive your Cricut cutting machine.