John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Epson 3640 is giving me a 0X97 error code. I am also

Customer Question

My Epson 3640 is giving me a 0X97 error code. I am also experiencing "smudging" on about every third line when it does print. I've cleaned the heads. done everything I can possibly think of. When I went to check the alignment of the heads it gave me and error and told me to turn it on and off which I did. I tried to print a document and I got the 0X97 error.
Thanks,
Brad
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Did you try manually cleaning the printhead?

As of first step, let's try manually cleaning the printhead.
Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.
Please follow this link to see a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs
Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.