Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

I have a canon Lide 210 and a macbook air. The scanner won't

Customer Question

I have a canon Lide 210 and a macbook air. The scanner won't connect to the computer. It won't even switch on. But it will work with another macbook.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: About 3-4 years old. It works when connected to a different macbook, and a mac desktop, just not the macbook air.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OSX 10.10.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It occurred some time ago. I don't use it regularly, so I couldn't say exactly what changed to make the scanner not connect.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of OS X are you using on the other Macs its working ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
10.11.6 on a MacBook and 10.10.5 on the desktop.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

On the Air, go to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. If you see the scanner there, then delete it by pressing the - button. Then download and install latest drivers on that Mac from the followings link

ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (OS X) -->

LiDE 210 Scanner Driver Ver.17.7.1a (OS X) -->

(Open Downloads folder and install both Downloads. It is important)

Then connect the scanner to different USB port of your Mac. Go to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners and add your scanner.

Then try to scan. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Neither of the links would download. Safari said that the server had stopped responding.
I decided to update the operating system, and that seems to have fixed the problem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Those are direct download links and working here. I checked again. Server stopped working means your ISP probably blocked that link.

I'm glad you got it fixed by updating. Since I didn't solve your problem, you can contact customer support to cancel this question.

Have a good evening,