Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My J4680 has started chopping the tops of letters on the

Customer Question

My J4680 has started chopping the tops of letters on the first line of text after every paragraph, to help eliminate the issue I went to paragraph format and added 1.5 spacing after each paragraph. How can I repair this issue? This extra spacing is not acceptable and I need to fix this issue ASAP or I have to purchase a new printer.
Rich Andrusco
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.Are you able to solve the problem after giving those extra space ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Adding the extra space did eliminate the clipping/chopping but now I have too much spacing
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 months ago.

Try doing a couple of cleanings and alignments on the printhead

Those are both automatic routines on the printer menu

Usually under ink or maintenance or tools

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Robert,
I have tried head alignment and cleaning multiple times, I think you missed an important point. The chopping/clipping always happens in the first sentence after a paragraph/return and I am able to bypass the issue by adding 1 1/2 lines in Paragraph Format After each paragraph. If it was a head alignment it would clip all characters in all lines not just the first one of each paragraph. It's apparent that this must be a software issue but cannot be repaired by reloading the printer software drivers either. I was hoping that this is a known issue and someone there would have a hardware/software solution for me but it looks like no one does. BTW .... I spent 30+ years in High Tech Service working on miscellaneous Test & Measurement equipment so I'm not unfamiliar with this type of equipment BUT Software and Printers are my weaknesses. I appreciate your efforts but I'll buy a new much needed printer and request a refund of my payment.
Rich Andrusco
Worldwide Service Program Manager
Tektronix Inc.
Retired 2011