John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a pixma 892 that is a couple of years old and it now

Customer Question

I have a pixma 892 that is a couple of years old and it now says error B200 pull out the power cord and contact you. I can't get anything done on it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret hearing that you have a B200 error. That usually means that the printer is 'broken' and needs replacing or repair-servicing. But there are some things that can be tried to fix it yourself, before coming to that conclusion.

- first, open the printer, as if to replace cartridges. Examine the interior for anything: paperclips, paper sheets, paper scraps, tape, etc. that might be obstructing the workings of the printer, or that might be keeping the carriage from moving.

- make sure no loose parts are visible inside the printer also.

- close up the printer. Press Cancel or X or STOP. See if the error message clears.

Let me know what you find out, and how it goes, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this is no help. There is no Cancel or X or STOP button.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll by an Epson.

I cheer your decision, if it gets you out of this difficulty.

(Do you want to try anything else? if so, let me know and I will continue to advise you.)

Thank you for asking your question here at