John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My canon printer always has message, the paper is the wrong

Customer Question

my canon printer always has message, the paper is the wrong size, irreguardless of what I do it will not print !!!1 . it's only 3 months old
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Paper wrong size type errors can occur owing to obscurities in the settings on your computer. And especially, they happen when the paper is an odd size, not your usual 8 1/2 by 11 inch 'Letter' paper type/size.

Please tell me some things about your setup:

- is the computer you print from a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

- is the program you are printing from MS Word, or some MS Office program?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
windows

OK.

Go to

Control Panel

then to

View Devices and Printers (under Hardware, perhaps)

and then right-click with the mouse, on the icon for your printer.

Check whether paper Tray, paper Size, etc. are all selected with correct values for whatever paper you are using, there.

If an entry says 'Auto' and you are using varying sizes of paper to print upon, Auto might be an appropriate value. Or if the printer auto-senses the paper size, 'Auto' may be the right value for the paper size... or perhaps not.

After making sure of the paper size etc. settings there being all correct, click on OK to close that Properties sheet for your printer, and also to save the changed settings so they will take effect when you next print.

And be sure that the paper size is selected for your document, in MS Word or other program, also.

Let me know if that advice helps.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please cancel the request, I' m not familiar with your language ,

If you need instructions in Espanol, Francoise, Italiano, Deutsche sprache, or other language, let me know.

I can instruct you in any major language, I think.