TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

HP Photosmart 7520 printer is not working. When trying to

Customer Question

HP Photosmart 7520 printer is not working. When trying to print, the rollers spin, but the paper does not feed. Error message received is: Printer is out of paper. Not true, there is paper available to be printed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Step 1: Check the condition of the paper and reload it

The type and condition of paper can affect the way your printer picks paper. The edges of low-quality paper that has absorbed moisture might curl or lift the sheet so the paper does not feed into the printer.

Use these steps to check and then restack your paper.

1. Remove the stack of paper from the paper tray.

2. Use 25 sheets of new plain white paper to form a stack of paper.

3. Tap the stack of paper on a flat surface to align the edges.

NOTE:

Do not fan the paper by running your fingers through the paper stack.

4. Insert the stack of paper into the paper tray.

5. Slide in the paper width guide to the edge of the paper stack. Make sure that the guide rests gently against the paper stack and does not bind it.

6. Try printing again.

• If the issue is not resolved, try loading different brands of paper and different types of paper, one type at a time, into the printer and then try printing again.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the pick rollers and cause paper feed issues. To help prevent paper feed issues, clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer (if equipped).

1. Press the power button to turn off the printer.

2. Wait for the printer park the print cartridges, until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Open the access door to gain access to the pick rollers. Depending on the model, this is usually the rear access door or duplexer.

If your printer does not have a rear access door or duplexer, then access the pick rollers from the front by removing the main paper tray.

4. Find the large rubber pick rollers.

Lightly moisten a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled, filtered, or bottled water.

5. CAUTION:

Do not use tap water or alcohol. Alcohol can dry out rollers. Tap water contains impurities that can damage rollers.

6. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup.

If your printer has a duplexer, clean the rollers on the duplexer as well.

7. Close the access door (if you removed it), replace the paper tray (if you removed it), and reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Press the power button to turn on the printer if it did not power on automatically.

9. The printer makes noise after it is turned on. Wait for the noise to stop before continuing.

10. Try printing again.

Step 3: Reset the printer

If the problem persists, then reset the printer.

1. Without turning the printer off, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

3. Press the power button to turn on the printer, if it did not power on automatically.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.