John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I put window 10 on my computer and now I can get my printer

Customer Question

I put window 10 on my computer and now I can get my printer to work at all
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 5 years old and its 5600 6600 series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a window popped up telling me to download driver 2.0 or something like that and I did that and it still done work
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the exact model number of your printer ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry I've not got back to before now I've been to a funeral. model number is *****
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
serial number is *****
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

And what is the brand please ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lexmark
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Lexmark didn't release any drivers for Windows 10, for this model. I will check if there is any available and let you you know

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will bring Printers and Devices. Right click on the Lexmark printer there and click Remove Device.

Then press Windows and R keys again. Type control panel in run and press enter. From Control Panel, click Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program. This will bring a list of programs installed on your computer. Uninstall Lexmark and its related applications. That is all you need to do.

Now disconnect the printer from your computer. Then restart the computer and connect it back. Then press Windows and X keys and select Device Managers. Click on your computer name at the top, click on Actions menu and click scan for hardware changes. Does it find your printer ? Check under Printers section there

If not, Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will bring Printers and Devices. Click Add Printer and does it find your printer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

If the above is not working, then download and install the driver in here --> http://support.lexmark.com/index?docLocale=en_US&page=content&id=DR2911&locale=EN&userlocale=EN

Then press Windows and X keys and select Device Managers from pop up. Click on your computer name at the top, click on Actions menu and click scan for hardware changes. Does it find your printer ? Check under Printers section there. If so, right click on it and click Update. Do all updates.

If it doesn't work, Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. This will bring Printers and Devices. Click Add Printer and does it find your printer ?

(Connect the printer to different ports and see if it get recognized under Device Manahger or Printers and Devices)