John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

The only way I can get my mfc - 9320cw to install is through

Customer Question

the only way I can get my mfc - 9320cw to install is through an ethernet connection. I've tried to install on XP, WIN7 and WIN10. what is the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Robert. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

This issue can occur if you were unsuccessful in an attempt to install the MFL-Pro Suite or Full Driver & Software Package and did NOT remove it from your computer before attempting the install again. It can also occur if you connected the USB cable before the software installation prompt appeared.

On the computer that you wish tu use, please completely uninstall all printer related software for the Brother MFC-9320cw. Next, shutdown and restart the computer. Please review the information at this link for instructions on properly setting up the printer via usb cable.

Also, please make sure that you are using the most recent FULL Driver Package fro your Operating System. Using this link, select your Operating System and language and download the Full Driver & Software Package. There is also a firmware update that may be applicable to your printer if you have nor previously installed it. Scroll down the page to locate the download for it.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

For your convenience I am posting a link to the user manuals (quick setup guide, netowrk guide, etc) for your printer in the hopes that it will be helpful to you. They are in pdf format and can be saved to your computer or printed, but be aware that some of them are quite large.