John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to print a photograph from my computer (Macbook

Customer Question

I am trying to print a photograph from my computer (Macbook Pro) to HP product CN216A, Model B210a. I use the email address [email protected] (wireless) I get a blue light on the printer but it does not move the paper (about 4 " by 6 "). The blue light keeps flashing but no printing occurs.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Are you trying to print the picture from the email ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I want to print several colored photographs on my printer. Previously I could easily print the images by using the wireless email code [email protected] But the last couple of months I have not been able to print the photos on the printer.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Ok, can you tell me, why are using the eprint feature of the printer, instead of the directly printing, as the printer connected with the printer ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have another printer attached to my computer but it only prints 8 by 11 color prints. I can send 4 by 6 inch photos to my second printer and print smaller color prints.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think the problem is a setting on the printer or maybe the computer. Not a major overhaul problem. since I previously printed many small photograph.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

The problem is in the printer settings, can you directly print on that printer from the computer ? one more thing, you said that the blue light is flashing, do you mean the wireless light or the power light ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the flashing blue light indicates that the printer is trying to print the image. That was the previous response but not nothing happens when the blue light is flashing. I wonder is there is a setting that will tell the computer to print the image.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thing I should have said the flashing light is controlled by the printer , not the computer.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Yes, please turn off the printer and unplug it then, wait for 10 mins. then let me know, how it goes for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I turned the printer off and removed the power plug for 10 min. I pluged the power back in and turned on the printer. In a minute or two, the flashing blue light came on, but not printing of an image occurred. Before calling you I had turned the power off and on several times. No correct response. I removed the paper tray and noticed that there was a slightly hight position. I put it in the higher position but still not printing of the image occurred. It seems like there should be a signal that tells the printer to move the paper into position to be printed.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Can you try to print directly from the computer, instead of sending the images to the email address.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have tried to connect the printer by wire but it is complicated and I need more information or download certain programs. I guess I am discouraged and am in favor of quiting. I will pay the $25 but problem has not been solved. Thanks anyway for your help. sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

No, I just wanted to know, if you can print directly or not, as your printer is not connected to the computer, it is not possible. So, we can work on the eprint problem. Just press the wireless button the printer and let me know, what do you see on the printer screen.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have reconnected the printer and the window shows photo, copy scan and Apps. When I press on photo It show view and print. But it is not the photo I am trying to print. If I press If I press create it tells me how to put photos on the cover to scan them. If I press create it give me an error about snappish and says it does not connect with the internet.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The program is snapfish that is not connecting with internet. Previously when it was working I did not use snapfish
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Can you tell me your printer's email address ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Check the web services or eprint settings on your printer to get the email address.