John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Changed ink OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, Error message says

Customer Question

Changed ink OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, Error message says cartridge won't move. Then says can't find printer head. Square trade say covered under warrantee with HP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If it is less than a year from purchase date, and was bought new, and the warranty was not voided by e.g. using non-HP ink or cartridges... then it ought to be covered by HP's warranty, yes.

Esp. helpful for making warranty claims would be, if you had a sales slip (or credit card records, if bought with a credit card) that can be cited to prove date of purchase.

Would you like to try to make some efforts to find out what is wrong with it and fix it? what do you think?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are not going to fix it through the computer. It's a physical thing. I am disappointed in your response. Thanx for nothing.

Of course I cannot fix a printer by remote control, that's a given.

Can I help you by my advice about the warranty coverage? or give you things to check on?

Or would you rather give up and send it to HP under warranty?