Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am trying to connect a MG3660 printer to a wi fi network

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a MG3660 printer to a wi fi network and I am having difficulties.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
GDay Justin. I' Windows 7
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

All right, lets check and see if the printer is visible on the network first.

On windows 7, go to devices and printers, click add printer , click add network printer.

It should now scan for printers, what does it see> If it sees your Canon MG, click it and add it.

If it gives you an error or doesnt see the canon MG, let me know what it does see when it scans..

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It says no printers were found
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

In that case, since that printer does not have a control panel or settings button. Then if you want to set it up wireless we must use the USB cord.

So connect the printer via the USb cord, and then insert the cd that came with the printer and run the setup. When it asks if you want to set it up as a USB or wireless printer, choose wireless. And it will then have you enter the password ***** the wireless network, and then it will connect the printer to the wireless network.

Once everything is setup, you can remove the USB cable and continue to printer. But we must start with it connected via usb and then run the setup cd that came with the printer.

If you have further questions, let me know.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. I'll give that a go and see what happens. Thanks Justin.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Not a problem, and if you run into issues along the way, let me know.

D.S