John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I am getting an error code 59, F0, HP Color Laser Jet 3800,

Customer Question

I am getting an error code 59, F0
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: HP Color Laser Jet 3800
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC using Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was printing black only, no colors in a Word document for stationery. The next morning it printed the colors in the stationery. Today, the black toner was weak on several places on the page of text. Display showed that cartridge was 2/3 full. Replaced with a recently remanufactured cartridge. Then I got the error code 59, F0
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

have you tried to put the PREVIOUS toner cartridge back in?

Also, when your toner cartridge begins to go low.....just take it out, and give it a gentle shake to redistribute the powdered ink inside the cartridge.

Also, it would not be the first time, a remanufactured cartridge FAILED to work properly.

So, if you put the old toner cartridge back in (after a couple good, but gentel, shakes) and then power cycle the printer.....does the error STILL come back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your original offer showed a $5 plus $18 total. That equals $23, not $39. You haven't told me anything I have already tried.
You should not be charging me anything. I am not satisfied. If you charge me anything, I have been cheated. If you charge me anything, I will be in my Bank of America office tomorrow morning lodging a complaint. Where is the 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Im sorry but i am only a computer/printer expert.

i dont handle any billing or account issues.

Only Customer Service can answer those questions.

Woudl you like to continue with your printer question......or stop?

And we dont just KNOW the resolution to your printer problem.

Its called troubleshooting.

its not an instant thing.

I dont see you mentioning you had tried the thigns i suggested, when you were asked: "Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?"

I offered those initial suggestions because when you troubleshoot, you ALWAYS start simple tasks, and work into the more difficult tasks.

Your description of the problem is an Error message.

Error messages usually have very distinct resolutions to them.

But, on occasion, they can be VERY vague as to the cause and resolution.

With that in next step here is to consult the Technical Manual, and see about this error code. (did you get the error code on the computer? Or on the printer's LCD screen?

But, im not going to pursue this any further, until i have heard from you on whether to continue or not.