Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I cannot get my

Customer Question

I bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I cannot get my Canon 3500 pixma printer to print. It shows up in my devices, but doesn't print. Help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What exactly happens when you print ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Also what is the exact model number of this printer ? ip3500, MG3500 etc

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Canon 3500 Pixma
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

There are two different models

MG3500 and iP3500

Which one is yours ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MG I nelieve
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Believe
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Ok, give me a few minutes to write the answer

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Press Windows and R keys and this will run. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, select your printer, right click on it and click Remove Device. Then delete the printer.

Then go to this website and download and install the latest driver and software --> http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100537101.html

(Open the downloaded file to install it).

After installing, it will allow you add the printer with Windows 10 drivers. Then try to print.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It didn't work. Says page not found
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

That is strange. It is working here. I will send you the direct download link

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

The above are direct links, so when you click on it, it may open a blank page, but the download will be done in background. So check the downloads folder for a file named " win-mg3500-1_1-acd.exe"

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry but nothing works. I'm going to call canon direct.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about that. Are you able to print from other computers ?

Did you successfully install the above application I sent you ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I used to be able to print on my HP laptop. I just bought s new Dell and Otha's Windows 10 The link you sent me doesn't open
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

The link works in here. It is important that you install the software. It has software and drivers for Windows 10

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Let me find another link

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would it be easier if we communicated on my laptop instead of iPhone?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Were you opening the links from your iPhone all this time ? The link I sent you are designed for your ocmputer software.

Can you download from here --> http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/en/serviceDetail?directLink=Y&mid=8331B003&type=D

Download the MG3500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You are sending the links to my phone. I am typing the link into my laptop and it doesn't do anything. It just sits there ... no download or anything.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

You probably typed the address wrong. I want you to open this conversation on your computer, so you can easily click and download the links I sent you

Go to www.justanswer.com on your computer. Login to your account.

Open this question from there nad let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am trying to reinstall my printer. I downloaded the link/file but it can't find my printer. It found it before. What the hey!!!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Are you connecting it via WiFi or USB ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WiFi
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Turn off the printer completely and unplug it from Power. Then turn off the modem and/or router as well and unplug it for 2 minutes. Then turn everything back on. This procedure will give new IP address to your printer. Then re-run the printer software. Does it recognize now ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's downloading now. I have to wait til that's finished to see f it works.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Ok.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Do you have the USB cable of the printer there ? If so, we can install the necessary drivers and software using that cable. Then add it via Devices

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Setting up the printer initially with USB cable using the software downloaded will install all necessary drivers and software. Then you can add the printer from Printers and Devices (without going through the download) and this will add the Printer over wireless with correct drivers

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Just checking. How is it going ?